Monday, April 23, 2007

Josie is finally home!!!!


I got to meet Josie today!!!!! Isn't she the cutest???!!!???? My friend Carrie and her husband Jeff, along with big brother Riley met her at the Detroit airport last Wed. She flew all the way from Korea to be with her forever family. She is already over jet-lag and sleeping through the night.
This morning Audrey, Paul and I went to meet her. Audrey got all excited....she looked at Josie and said "CHINESE?????" (She thinks all Asian people are Chinese...but hey, she's only 3). When we were getting ready to leave Paul gave Josie a kiss, of course neither Carrie or I had our cameras ready. It is so obvious that Josie loves her new mommy. Carrie let me hold her but as soon as Carrie walked out of the room Josie made it very clear that she was not happy that her mommy left her with some strange woman. I gladly handed her back over to her mom and just enjoyed her cuteness from a distance.

We tried to get a group photo but with two 3 year olds, one 2 year old and a baby it was kind of hard. Audrey and Paul are holding the special chocolate-airplane suckers that Carrie is passing out to all of the kids that come to visit Josie.
My niece Emily made her First Communion yesterday. As I was sitting in church I was thinking to myself that it just seems like yesterday that we were all in this church for her baptism. I wish these kids would quit growing up so fast. She was so beautiful for her special day!!

There were lots of pretty girls at Emily's party to help celebrate her big day.

No comments: