Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summer, Summer, Summertime

Okay those of you that read our blog at work are probably cussing me right now. I just had to attach this song. It is one of my all time favorite songs. We listened to it in college all of the time (I'm showing my age). Anyways I am just planning to have the song on for this post and then I will remove it.......maybe I'll add another and maybe I won't. Feel free to hit your mute button if you're not a Fresh Prince fan!!! I couldn't resist dressing Audrey and Paul in matching outfits for our friend's wedding. Aren't they the cutest!!!!!!
We made a trip to Warsaw to visit my Grandma. The kids love going to great-grandma's in the summer. She has a big neat, property that the kids can go exploring on. We had just watch the Bridge to Terabithia the week before and Natalie was imagining that she and Emily were in the movie. Andrew had went fishing with great-aunt Kathy. Kathy sent us home with all kinds of goodies from her garden. We had so many cucumbers that we made freezer pickles when we got home. Yum..yum.
Just like the other kids, Paul loves ridding the go-cart. This was his first time of driving it. The look of pure happiness on his face was priceless.
Today we took cousin Kyle to Science Central with us for Andrew's birthday. As Natalie was peddling so was her new friend.
Kyle and Andrew learn the value of the pulley as they lift this heavy beam with ease.

It's hard to believe how fast the summer is going by. It's really hard to believe that Andrew will be 9 years old tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday that Ted and I were on the way to the hospital while I was in active labor and he decided to stop and get gas. Oh...the things that we wives never forget. Andrew weighed in at a whopping 9lb. 7 oz. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on.

3 comments:

Renee said...

I am amazed at your technological advancements. My sister adding a song to her blog? I never thought I would see the day.

Kikilia said...

HOw do you make freezer pickles?

alison said...

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=freezer+pickles

Here's where I found the recipe we used. We used a simple one....salt, sugar, onions, cucumbers and vinegar. I'm diabetic so I used splenda instead of sugar. Alison