Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why we do the things we do......

Once again I'm sorry for the delay in posting. It seems I've been saying 'sorry' alot lately. I've also been dealing with some disappointments in my life too. BUT....I just had to post this picture of Paul from last night. This smile reminds me why Ted and I are choosing to do the things we do. As we set and wait and wait for our newest daughter I have been thinking 'deeper' about our sweet son. I will never forget how God truly convicted us that Paul was meant to be our son and that we were meant to be his parents. As I was crying to myself this weekend (I've done more of this in the last 2 weeks than I have in years) I reached out and scooped Paul up and hugged him until he was almost blue. I PRAISED God for giving us this desire to love the imperfect children of the world. I thought back to how he had set on his waiting child list for over 3 months with nobody reviewing his file. I continue to think about how our newest daughter has been in the orphanage since birth and will most likely turn 7 years old without us. Today, Pastor preached on the "Road less taken".......it is a lonely road at times, but the 'view' along the way is awesome!!!!!!! Thank you Pastor Kelly.....your message is what I needed today!!

Starfish Poem
Once upon a time there was a wise man
who used to go to the ocean to do his
writing. He had a habit of walking on the
beach before he began his work.

One day he was walking along the shore.
As he looked down the beach, he saw a
human figure moving like a dancer. He
smiled to himself to think of someone
who would dance to the day.

So he began to walk faster to catch up.
As he got closer, he saw that it was a
young man and the young man wasn't
dancing, but instead he was reaching
down to the shore, picking up something
and very gently throwing it into the ocean.

As he got closer he called out, "Good
morning! What are you doing?"
The young man paused, looked up and replied,
"Throwing starfish in the ocean."

"I guess I should have asked, why are you throwing starfish in the ocean?"
"The sun is up and the tide is going out. And if I don't throw them in they'll die."
"But, young man, don't you realize that there are miles and miles of beach and starfish all along it. You can't
possibly make a difference!"
The young man listened politely. Then bent down, picked up another starfish and threw it
into the ocean, past the breaking waves and said - "It made a difference for that one."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sam said...

Hang in there, sweetie!

Lisa said...

Hi Alison,

I know how you are feeling. It's hard to focus on what we have already as we are waiting to bring our children home. I am so very grateful to have friends like you that are going through the very same things I am. It will all work out in the end and when our waiting children are home, this will be just one more memory of the incredible journeys we have taken in our lives.

Stay strong and know that you are not alone.

Lisa - waiting to bring Jack Anthony home

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.